Decoding M.E, day 2 – Techno Meditation
Experiment sequence: week 1, day 2
Mindful Experience: Techno Meditation
Duration: 35 min
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Latitude: 40.581494 | Longitude: 22.958614
Overview of brain activity during experience:
- Depending on the music style, different thought patterns were created.
- Similar thoughts were shared between the dj and the listener, mostly in faster, more stressful tunes.
- It seems to be coherence of the waves during all types of music. Some spikes of activity appear during the changes.
- During industrial techno music the Delta brain waves (healing and regeneration) are higher than in all other styles, despite the personal experience being more stressful.
- During all styles (except industrial techno) the Alpha brain waves (being here, in the present) remain high.
- Gamma brain waves (perception and consciousness) seem to be higher after the first half of the experience.
High Personal Preference
Low Environmental influence
Short video of brain activity according to music style during Techno Meditation:
Music style #1: 00:43:54 – 00:50:20 – abstract sounds
Music style #2: 00:45:32 – 00:50:30 – birds singing
Music style #3: 00:50:47 – 00:54: 24 – fast positive sounds
Music style #4: 00:54:45 – 00:58:59 – slow beats
Music style #5: 00:59:10 – 01:03:39 – fast disco-like beats
Music style #6: 01:03:58 – 01:09:25 – industrial techno sounds
Music style #7: 01:09:58 – 01:17:20 – arabic influence sound
Music style #8: 01:17:38 – 01:18:37 – distortion
Watch the full video in YouTube