DECODING M.E (MINDFUL EXPERIENCE) – The experiment
Quantify human experience during Mindful States of Consciousness.
The evaluation of our actions according to their benefit on our wellbeing.
The creation of an extensive database of experiences that enhance mindfulness.
The personalization of our environment through data driven suggestions from measurements collected from wearable devices.
- Mindfulness, how it changes our physical and cognitive conditions when practiced regularly?
- What is the physical state during a mindful moment?
- What makes a mindful moment?
- Can we reproduce mindful experiences on demand by affecting our environment?
By understanding our unique body and mind functions and observing the environmental and geographical conditions we can understand what creates a mindful moment for each of us individually. Then there is the possibility of recreating mindful moments either by applying similar environmental conditions, choosing the action that fits most our current state or applying the best exercise to alter the current physical or mental state.
The Research Method:The subject (myself) will undergo a different experience/action every day for 1 year.
During each experience all body functions able to be measured by three selected wearables will be tracked. Alterations in basic body structure will also be checked if they apply, by being tested before and after the experiment.
All experiences will be analyzed as per location, environmental conditions, type of activity and personal preference.
The Factors to be tested:
Before & after the experiment:DNA genome from Dante Labs
Gut microbiome from Onegevity
Breath patterns as research participant at USZ Zurich Dante Labs – whole genome test Onegevity – gut microbiome test
Vitamins & Minerals in blood
Before & after each experience:
Accuracy, Focus, Speed, PlasticityCognitive test method:
Brain Gauge from Cortical Metrics Cortical Metrics – Brain gauge test device
During the experience:
- Brain waves
- Body temperature
- Heart beat
- Breath cycles
The ways of quanification:
Wearable devices used:
- Kospet Hope Smartwatch for temporal, locational & environmental data
- Oura Ring for activity and biological data
- Muse 2 for brain & behavioral data
1 year: 16/06/2019 – 16/07/2019
- Quality of data gathered from wearable devices
- Archiving and correlation of data
- Subjective categorization of experiences
- Unclear differences in body functions during similar activities
- Data comparison & conclusions’ extraction
- Many more that can not be predicted in advance
The experiment gave birth to the Digital Intuition for Mindfulness system.
Read more about it here.